YMCA Camp Elphinstone (Gibsons, BC) is seeking Cooks!
Rate of Pay: $17-$20/hour
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Various contract lengths available.
May - November 2019 (Full time 5 shifts per week, must be flexible)
Reports To: Food Services Supervisor
Nature & Scope
Cooks work as a part of the camp kitchen staff team to provide support to Head Chef and kitchen team with the operation of the YMCA Camp Elphinstone kitchen. He or she will be responsible for preparation, cooking, serving and clean-up of at least two meals a day for 40-550 children and adults.
· General food preparation and cooking of meals
· Assist with inventory and stock
· Assist with serving of meals
· Ensure a high level of quality, cleanliness, and safety in all food preparation
· Providing friendly, professional customer service to participants and staff
· Ensure the safety of all participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all participants and staff
· Ensure FoodSafe standards are followed at all times
· Making sure weekly and daily cleaning checklists are completed
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 50 pounds
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
· WHIMIS Certification an asset
· Food Safe level 1
· Previous experience in the food service industry preferably a camp environment or equivalent an asset
· Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
· Knowledge of dietary restrictions and allergies
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
To apply: email email@example.com
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016